Date(s) - 06/19/2016
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
American Legion Post 11:11
First of all thank you for your interest in our courses. More importantly, thank you for your desire to increase you knowledge and skill as a SAFE and responsible gun owner.0
Safe American Firearms Education and Safe Arizona Firearms Education are teaming up to bring you a $20 Colorado Concealed Carry Permit Course with an option to obtain your Arizona CCW as well!
The shooting portions will be held at Harris Park (Outdoor) shooting range which is off highway 285 near Bailey. The range is located off of a short (roughly 1.5 mile) primitive road that has a few small rocks and dips along the path. Not a road for your Corvette but (much to the disapproval of my wife) I know a properly piloted Civic can make the trip. Higher clearance is best but 4×4 is not necessary at all.
WHO CAN TAKE IT?
Anyone with a desire to learn can attend this course. the information can apply to almost all ages.
- A pistol (one can be rented for $15 if needed)
- Eye protection
- Hearing Protection
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- A pistol
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- eye protection
- hearing protection
- a strong sided hip holster
- clothing to conceal your firearm
- 3 magazines or speedloaders
What are the requirements to obtain a CCW?
- be a resident of this state or a United States citizen;
- Is twenty-one years of age or older or is at least nineteen years of age and provides evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, United States Armed Forces Reserve or a State National Guard.
- not be under indictment for a felony offense;
- not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individuals right to possess firearms has be restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
- not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution;
- not be unlawfully present in the United States;
- complete a firearms safety training program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N.
CAN I SIGN MY FRIENDS/FAMILY UP?
Absolutely! On the form below, there is an option to purchase multiple reservations.
WHAT TO BRING:
All you need to bring with you for the CCW class is a photo ID and something to write with.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO HAVING A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT?
1) Reciprocity: several states recognize out CCW and will allow you to carry concealed in their states with our permit.
2) Under federal Law (USC 922(q)(2)(A)) It is illegal to transport your firearm within 1,000 feet of school grounds, unless you have a state issued firearms permit (Arizona CCW qualifies under this)
3) the more you have in your corner if you have to defend yourself in court, the better
4) Serves as a way of informing a police officer you have a firearm without having to say the word “gun” when interacting with them.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER FEES ASSOCIATED WITH GETTING MY CCW?
You will need to submit your certification fee to the state of Colorado through your local sheriff’s department. Different counties have different fee structures, so we are not able to give an exact number.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR ARIZONA STATE CCW PERMIT
You will need to have your fingerprints done before submitting your packet to the state of Arizona. We do not require you to do them through us, but we will have someone offering fingerprinting services for $15 on site. It is important to know this is not included in the cost of the class. As with all other Arizona CCW classes, you will need to submit a $60 money order or cashiers check to AZ DPS within 90 days of the class along with your packet.
I HAVE A DPS/FEDERAL CLEARANCE CARD, DO I STILL NEED TO HAVE MY FINGERPRINTS DONE?
Yes. The CCW department of Arizona DPS does not recognize any clearance cards, even if they are federal.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
All live fire exercises are done on a range. no live ammunition or firearms should ever be brought into the facility.
If you need to cancel, you may do so by calling our office at 480-244-6315 up to 48 hours before the course so we can provide a seat to the next person. If done before the cutoff date, you can credit the paid funds toward another class.
All no call/no shows or cancellations within 48 hours of the class may result in all paid funds being forfeited.
No Refunds will be provided. You will have the option to apply the amount you paid towards another course in the form of a credit if your cancelation or reschedule is arranged before 48 hours of the class.
Handicap access is not available at the facility. We are in an older building, and there is no elevator. If needed, we can make arrangements to set up a class for those who are not able to make it up the stairs. Give us a call at 480-244-6315, and we can make arrangements.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 480-244-6315
Bookings are closed for this event. Please check www.safeccw.com for other classes or contact us at 480-244-6315 for any farther information.